Fix Malwarebytes real-time protection
Fix Malwarebytes real-time protection: Malwarebytes is one of the best free anti-virus tools that you can upgrade to the premium version if you want. It is one of the trusted malware scanners used by over 10 million users worldwide.
Malwarebyte is compatible with Windows, macOS, Android & iOS. No doubt, this is a stable application but sometimes even the best can create issues.
Despite one of the best in the market, there is an issue recently faced by many users. The problem here is that when you are trying to turn on real-time web security settings in your computer, an error occurs on the screen that states “Malware Real-Time Web Security is not on”.
You are not experiencing this trouble alone, there are many others who are confused about what to do and do not fix the “Malwarebytes real-time protection not turning on” error.
To reduce stress, we have compiled the best solution to combat annoying errors.
Now let’s discuss solutions.
Simple solutions to fix malware real-time web protection won’t turn on error
Recomended: For More Articles
Restart the Malwarebytes Program
Occasionally, easy solutions do not strike our minds, and we often adopt other important methods to solve a simple issue. Thus, today we will begin with the easiest solutions by restarting the Malwarebyte program.
- Go to Malwarebytes and right-click on the Malwarebytes system tray icon which is at the bottom of your screen and then click on the “Quit Malwarebytes” option.
- Now go to the Malwarebytes desktop icon and open it by double-clicking.
When you’re done, simply examine if Malwarebyte Web Security has started working.
Reinstallation of Malwarebytes
According to several users, reinstalling Malwarebytes has fixed the “real-time protection of Malwarebytes does not turn on” issue. Malwarebyte software is likely to be corrupted in some way. Thus, if you want you can uninstall it and reinstall it. But when planning to do this, keep the activation ID before you start.
- First, open MBAM and then go to My Account.
- Then tap on Deactivate. From here go to the Advanced Settings and disable the box next to “Enable Self-Protection Module”
- Now, close the program and download the Mbam-clean.exe tool from the Malwarebyte site.
- Shut the entire programs open in your PC and deactivate your anti-virus for some time.
- Now, run the Mbam-clean.exe tool and follow the prompts on your screen carefully.
- After that, download the latest version of MBM from the Malwarebytes website and install it by following the commands on the screen.
- Disable the box next to the test option. After launching the program, click on the activation button.
- The final step is to copy the activation ID and key and paste it in the dialog box to activate your license.
I wish your “Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on” issue will be gone from here.
Update the Malwarebytes Program to the newest version
The “Malwarebytes does not turn on Web Security in real-time” error is more likely to occur from an older Malwarebytes program. Thus, it becomes essential to keep your software updated.
Follow the steps to update your Malwarebytes Program:
- Initially, open the Malwarebytes program by clicking on the icon on the desktop or start menu.
- Tap on Settings and then go to the Application tab.
- From the Application Update Section, tap on Install Application Updates.
- There will be a pop-up displaying ‘there are no updates available” or saying ‘Progress: Updates Successfully downloaded.
- Simply tap on OK and then click Yes when you will get the prompts instantly.
- Follow the mentioned commands on your screen suitably to complete the Update.
Once you have finished the Update, check if the Malwarebytes Web protection turns on or not and let us know if it works out.
Uninstall the MBAM web protection driver
Some states that this has fixed their problem and some argue that it may not work. But, uninstalling the driver will force the anti-virus to install itself after rebooting your PC. And this solution can come to your rescue.
- Find the Malwarebyte system tray icon at the bottom right part of your screen and then right-click on it and select the ‘Quit Malwarebytes’ alternative.
- Find the ‘Command Prompt’ and right-click on it and then select ‘Run as Administrator’ alternative.
- Now copy and paste the following instruction and then click the Enter button.
- Once completed, Restart your PC and then again Reopen Malwarebytes in a similar way.
- Now go to the Settings and below it choose the Protection tab and check below the real-time Protection section for web protection.
- Turn the slider from Off to On and check if the problem is solved now.
Uninstalling the Mbam web protection driver can fix your issue, thus simple check and find out.
And if no solution has worked till now, then you might require a system restore.
If any of the above processes didn’t work out for you, this may be the final option that could troubleshoot the issue. But when you are decided to run this process, you have to guarantee that you restore your PC to a certain restore point before the error showed up and this might bring back the real version without errors.
Thus try it and let us know what really solved the ‘Malwarebytes real-time protection won’t turn on’.
We wish that after following the above processes you would have definitely fixed Malwarebytes real-time protection not turning on. If not so, or any issues come across while doing so, dial Malwarebytes customer support for quick assistance.