How to Change Twitter Handle? These days, Twitter is usually used as one other channel for skilled connection — as an example, in the event, you’re a contract author, you would possibly use Twitter to achieve a following and permit readers to have interaction with you.
Alternatively, as an enterprise, you doubtless use Twitter for a lot of your advertising and marketing functions — in actual fact, 75% of B2B companies use Twitter as a part of their advertising and marketing technique.
But what in case your Twitter username, in any other case often called deal with, is “crfx14” or “catlover22“? (You know … simply as a random instance … )
If you are feeling your Twitter deal with does not appropriately signify you in 2019, there’s a straightforward repair. Here, we’ll present you learn how to change your Twitter deal, in addition, to learn how to change it on Twitter’s Mobile App.
Disclaimer: If you modify your username, your followers will see a brand new username subsequent to your profile — however it will not essentially have an effect on your current followers, Direct Messages, or replies. You’ll need to alert your followers so that they know to Direct Message or reply to your new username.
How to Change Twitter Handle
- Go to “Settings and privacy” out of your profile icon drop-down menu.
- Under Account, click on the textual content field beside Username and sort a brand new username within the space. If the username is taken, Twitter will immediate you to make a brand new one. If the username is offered, you may see a inexperienced “Available!” notification.
- Click “Save changes” on the backside of the display.
1. Go to “Settings and privacy” out of your profile icon drop-down menu.
2. Under Account, click on the textual content field beside “Username” and sort a brand new username within the space. If the username is taken, Twitter will immediate you to make a brand new one. If the username is offered, you may see a green “Available!” notification.
3. Click “Save changes” on the bottom of the screen.
How to Change Your Twitter Handle on Twitter’s Mobile App
1. Within the mobile app, click on in your profile icon after which choose “Settings and privacy“.
2. Click “Account“.
3. Click “Username“.
4. Under “New“, sort in a brand new Twitter deal with. If you need assistance, Twitter supplies a listing of options for various handles.
Changing your Twitter Username (or deal with) is kind of a easy course of which may be accomplished inside 3 steps.
- Go to Twitter’s major page and click on the profile icon within the high proper then click on “Settings and privacy”; for iOS and Android press on the show image of your account, go to “Settings and privacy” then on “Content”. Shortcut/direct hyperlink: Twitter Account Settings here.
- After you’re on the content material web page, you’ll be able to change your username if it’s not already taken. This would be the one displayed after https://twitter.com/xxxxx and would be the Twitter deal with individuals can tag you in and can use to seek out you on Twitter. This is an identical course for mobile and PC modifications. This is as properly relevant to vary your show title, which is not going to have an effect on your Twitter username (deal with) in any method.
- Note: Changing your username is not going to have an effect on your current followers, Direct Messages, or replies. Your followers will merely see a brand new username subsequent to your profile photograph once you replace it. We counsel you to alert your followers earlier than you modify your username to allow them to direct replies or Direct Messages to your new username.
P.S. Your Username will not be the Name which is displayed in your profile, to vary that you should change the Name and never Username!